2 cups black beans (cooked)
2 cans Rotel tomatoes with chilies (drained)
1 red onion (chopped)
Fresh lime juice (according to taste)
1 bunch fresh cilantro (chopped)
1 tbsp. ground cumin
1 cup cooked fresh/frozen corn
1. Combine all ingredients.
2. Spice according to taste.
3. Refrigerate until served.
1 pound Chana Dal (washed until water is clear)
4 tbsp. dried chopped onions
1 tbsp. dried minced garlic
¼ tsp. Allspice (ground)
1 tbsp. Garam Masala
1 tsp. cumin (ground)
3 vegetable bouillon cubes
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
5 cups water
1. Put all ingredients in a pot.
2. Bring to a boil, cover and let simmer until tender but not mushy.
3. Serve with red or brown rice.
1 cup Toasted cornmeal
½ cup WW Pie & Pastry flour
½ cup All-purpose flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 cup Hemp milk/ or any other non-dairy milk
1 chopped apple
1/4 cup water
10 dates (soaked in water until soft)
1. Mix dry ingredients well.
2. Add all liquids.
3. Pour batter into 8 x 8’ pan.
4. Bake in preheated oven (400F) for 25 minutes.
1. Microwave the apples in water until soft
2. Purée in blender.
2. Mix the dates into the apple purée.
1 ¼ cup dried pinto beans (soak overnight)
8 oz fresh mushrooms
2 celery stalks diced ( 1 cup)
4 medium size carrots, diced (1 cup)
1 green bell pepper, diced (1 cup)
4 natural sundried tomatoes, diced
4 cups of water
1 tbsp. granulated garlic
1 tbsp. dried chopped onions
1 vegetable bouillon
2 tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. chipotle powder
1 tbsp. Mexican oregano
1 tsp. dried coriander
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tbsp. tomato paste
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Juice of one lime
1. Put all the ingredients in a crockpot except for the cilantro.
2. Cook until done.
3. Add the cilantro ½ hour before you turn off the crockpot.
4. Serve with cornbread.
3 cups cooked Garbanzo beans
1 garlic clove
¼ cup lime or lemon juice
2/3 cup + 1 tbsp. tahini
½ tsp. + ¼ tsp. salt
2/3 cup + 1 tbsp. bean cooking water
Fresh or dry red chili pepper (optional)
1. Soak dry beans in water overnight.
2. Cook the beans until very tender.
3. Put all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth and creamy.
PAD THAI SALAD
0.6 lb shredded Kale (raw)
1 lb shredded Carrots
0.5 lb shredded Radicchio lettuce
2 cloves of garlic (grate)
1 Jalapeno (grated)
5/8 oz grated fresh ginger
1/3 cup fresh lime juice (2 limes) + zest
1 tbsp. Bragg Amino acids
¼ tsp ground black pepper
Cilantro (coarsely chopped)
6 Dates (pitted and soaked in 1 cup of water)
1 cup (generous) Natural Peanut butter
1. Process dates, peanut butter, jalapeno, and water in a food processor.
2. Mix in a bowl with the lime zest, lime juice, garlic, amino acids, pepper, ginger, and cilantro.
3. Add your vegetables and pad Thai rice noodles.